Propa Ghosh, MD
EDUCATION AND TRANING
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, B.S.
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine, M.D.
INTERNSHIP AND RESIDENCY
- Lenox Hill Hospital, 2006-2007
- Maimonides Medical Center, 2007-2013
- Montefiore Medical Center, Robotics and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Chilton Medical Center
- West Parkway Ambulatory Surgery Center
- The Stone Center of New Jersey
AWARDS AND HONORS
- “Top 1%” nationally in Press-Gainey patient satisfaction surveys, 3 quartiles in a row, 2016
- NJ Top Docs, NJ Monthly Magazine, 2016
- Featured on Fox 5 News twice for segments on “Women in Power” and on Robotic Surgery, 2014, 2015
- New Jersey “Top 40 Under 40” NJBiz, 2015
- “Top 25 Women Entrepreneurs”, LWE, 2015
SPECIAL AREAS OF INTEREST
- Robotic Surgery
- Kidney, Prostate, & Bladder Cancer
- Urinary Issues & Incontinence
- Female Pelvic Health
- Work Up & Management for Adrenal Masses
APPROACH TO HEALTHCARE
As a female surgeon with a loyal patient base of both men & women, Dr. Ghosh is known for being an excellent listener with compassionate bedside manner. She makes it a point to treat her patients as if they were her own family, and together with her deep subject matter knowledge, methodical management & fine surgical skills, allows for highly customized treatment plans leading to excellent outcomes.
As an MIT alum, Dr. Ghosh embraces innovation and uses cutting edge technology such as Robotic Surgery with Firefly technology for kidney and prostate cancers, and GreenLight Laser technology for prostate enlargement. She has been featured on TV, radio and in the media for her urological expertise in cancers of the genitourinary tract, incontinence and stone management, using the latest surgical techniques.